Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Run the race - and share what we learn!

On Sunday, it occurred to me while I ran with my running buddy that I wouldn't be out there if it weren't for him. I'd be home snug in my bed. Snug, but not pushing myself. Snug, but not having the occasional laugh. Snug, but not getting stronger.

I realized my running buddy was a little like the Holy Spirit - he was the helper. He'd affected my conscience so that I had to get out of bed, lace up the sneaks and pound the pavement - because I knew he'd be waiting.

I also realized that running would reveal all kinds of similar insights about following God. And we're supposed to follow -- to "fix our eyes on Jesus" and "run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (Hebrews 12:1-3)

And that's the theme of this blog - to discuss what we learn about fixing our eyes on Him and running the race appointed - whether that race is figurative or literal.

I can't wait to see what God shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment