Wednesday, January 14, 2009

false starts

Plenty of false starts. On my own, I'd start to run for a week or two on my own, then get encumbered - tough to get out of bed, or busy at work, or obligated around the house. Good intentions weren't enough to ride me through that.


Right now, it's different. It takes will to roll out early and hit the pavement - and wife and kids have been supportive. But even with will and support, I'd have quit by now if not for a running buddy.


I've proven I can't do it alone.


The bible says that about running the race of life. We can't do it alone. We need Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, out front setting the pace. And Jesus knew we'd need someone alongside - a running buddy of sorts - to help us through the miles. So He promised to send one - the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment